If you wish to submit your link to be added to our site, please complete the form below. Once we receive your submission, we will audit your site to make sure it is up to standard. You will be notified of your approval or denial.
External Link Policy
Links to Government Websites
The MyLOSFA website, mylosfa.la.gov, may link to publicly available websites that are government-owned or government sponsored. Acceptable federal government-owned or government-sponsored website domains include .gov, .mil and .fed.us.
MyLOSFA also links to quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships, state and local government sites (e.g., www.louisiana.gov), and some government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net (e.g., www.louisianabelieves.com for the Louisiana Department of Education).
Links to Non-Government Websites
MyLOSFA also links to websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these websites provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website. MyLOSFA provides these non-government websites as a public service only.
The Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA), the state agency sponsoring MyLOSFA neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, LOSFA neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links.
The MyLOSFA staff evaluates all links using the following criteria:
- Is the website an official government-owned or supported website? If not, does the website provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website?
- Does the website complement existing information, products and services on MyLOSFA?
- Is the website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Is the website’s content relevant, useful and authoritative for citizens, businesses and/or government officials?
- Does the website’s information appear to be accurate and current?
- Is the website’s approach to the privacy of personal information consistent with the government’s privacy and security policies?
- Is the primary intent of the website to educate and inform, rather than persuade, convert, or sell? The site may include advertising but must be free from heavy marketing or promotion of products.
- Does the website provide information free of charge?
MyLOSFA will not allow an influx of links to be applied to the site from the same entity. Constant submission for links to a site or its affiliates will lead to a new audit of site and possible removal of current links.
MyLOSFA will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, specific religious views, or social or political agendas. Furthermore, MyLOSFA reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with MyLOSFA’s mission or policies.